Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, September 4, 2013

So long sweet summer

So the summer season has ended here on the Cape. The weather for the last 3 weeks has sucked, and of course today, it was the most perfect day ever, and our restaurant is closed. Typical. I look back on the season and my time so far here, and ponder. I definitely didn't do a lot of things I really wanted do. But there is still time. And now with less people around here, you can actually drive places! Go away tourists and NYers!! Wait...I'm from NY. Whatever....details.

You can definitely tell when people are back. Traffic sucks, everyone drives an SUV, all the moms driving their SUVs like maniacs, sundae school is packed, and the numerous kites flying in the air. What is the big deal with kites? I don't get it. It just stays up there. How is that fun? Although I did see a guy have a kite on a fishing pole and let it up that way. Ultimate laziness there. Didn't even work for it.

Now the off season is upon us, and my time is surely to end soon. Have to get in everything now, since beach parking will be free again, and the bars and restaurants will have openings, P-town won't be so crowded, and the Wellfleet Oysterfest is coming, as well as cranberry season. Stoked about those. Pictures are sure to follow.

Job hunting has been going on like crazy. Still working on it as usual. Hire me!! I'm awesome!! Maybe that will work...no? OK. Money-wise the summer was a bust, but it has been good. A lot of self reflection and meeting lots of new people.

I leave you with this: whenever you are sad remember that you don't look like you did in the 6th grade.

No comments:

Post a Comment