Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Christmas time is here....

Now I bet you read that and sang it in your head from the Charlie Brown Christmas. Well that was the plan and if not you are lame and had no childhood. Just Kidding! 

Growing up in a small town, Christmas time was great for driving around and looking at all the houses that are decorated up with lights and such. Everyone seemed to have something up and always try to out do each other. Some were amazing looking, and others were just plain tacky! But it was so nice to see and notice that it was Christmas time. Living in Boston, totally opposite. I may have seen one house decorated up. That was last night while on the T. It just didn't seem like Christmas here. Unless you go into the malls or stores that have had Christmas music and decorations up since 2 weeks before Halloween. But here it feels like it is all commercial. I feel there is no holiday spirit at home. Now I haven't been to the suburbs so I don't know what it is like out there, but everywhere I have been it looks just like another day. Even at my apartment. No tree, no decorations. All my stuff is back in storage in NY or it would be up. My roommates have stuff and said there is no need to put it up! WTF!?

There is even a lack of the Salvation Army people ringing the bells. It seemed they were everywhere in NY, but here, I have only seen one! Besides the Au pair staff, I haven't seen one person wearing an ugly Christmas sweater either! Everyone here wears their black winter coat and black hat. Or if you are early in the morning, all the union workers with their work clothes. Even seeing the company holiday parties, no one wearing anything Christmasy. I feel besides the whole shopping experience, there is no Christmas spirit anymore here. Now I know that its all about being with family and such, but come on people! Where is the spirit out in public? Not even one person wearing a Santa hat!! Even the Salvation Army guy wasn't wearing one! Lame sauce

There needs to be more of the Christmas Spirit besides how much money one will spend at the stores or what sale a store is giving. Maybe it is just the city life compared to the small town life, and people are afraid of being judged by looking goofy and not fitting in the norm. But to me, it is very depressing not seeing Christmas out and about. Take out your damn head phones, and put your kindle away, and say hi or Merry Christmas to someone! Oh wait it has to be Happy Holidays because someone might get offended. F that.......bring the spirit back!!!

What will you do to bring that Spirit back??

No comments:

Post a Comment