Powered By Blogger

Sunday, November 3, 2013

This is our f%&#@*$g city!

The last week has been crazy in Boston. The Red Sox won the world series!! It was great to be in a place where the team won the championship. The city was a buzz for the whole week and still is! Boston pride is absolutely amazing. Its too bad I can't stand the rest of the Boston teams to actually care if they win. But at least I love the Sox!

I watched every game but 2, and they lost those 2. So guess I was the good luck charm for them. When game 6 was starting, I was on the T, green line and we all know how much we love the green line.......sigh.....I made it to Fenway area go be right in the middle of it all if they won. My friends got in the only bar that was letting people in. Just so happens it was a gay bar. But not a gay person to be found. Full of crazy Sox fans who found it randomly. And a bunch of crazy hardcore punk rockers dressed in black, metal, and crazy hair and piercings. I waited outside to hopefully get in. Listening to the fans in the stadium and watching the Boston PD showing up in force. Boylston was crazy. 1000s of police and armed national guards. Up 6-0, you knew what was coming.

Finally got in during the 5th, and just couldn't wait for that last out, we all know how the Sox can stress us out. Love them, but sometimes can drive me nuts! Koji struck out the last guy and to the streets we went. Barricades and police and 1000s of people every where celebrating. Everyone happy. Its like we actually won it! Like Papi says "this is our f-ing city!", we say "this is our f-ing team!". The celebration continued for hours and hours. Boston PD did a great job in keeping order and herding people like sheep off the streets.

Yesterday was the parade, and millions in attendance. People drunk by 9:30am. Great times. Seeing the team come through on the duck boats and an entire city cheering and thanking these guys for doing what they do. They brought joy and happiness to the city of Boston. All day long people in Red Sox gear celebrating everywhere, long after the parade was over.

I've been here just one month and have experienced something that some people in cities haven't yet. Glad I was part of something so great. Now the Sox are done, I really don't have anything to watch on TV!! Guess I'll have to wait since my football team sucks, and my hockey team is rarely on TV here.

What will be the next big adventure in Boston? Who knows. Can't wait to see what's next. Boston Strong!

No comments:

Post a Comment